Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Take a Ride on the Fantastic Voyage - Day 3

Day Three - Grand Caymans

This day started like most of them.  Chuck gets up at the crack of dawn and goes to work out while the kids and I wake up leisurely and get ready to go to breakfast.  This time though, Chuck makes it in time to go to breakfast with us.

We eat at Royal Court for breakfast.  I like that you order from a menu instead of a buffet, but the menu is the same each day.  The food is excellent though.

Today the boat is docked in the Grand Cayman.  We did not get off the ship.  Chuck and I have been to the Grand Caymans before and, although it's nice, it was something we felt we could skip.  Most people do the Stingray City excursion in Grand Cayman, but as cool as stingrays are to touch in a touch tank at the aquarium, swimming with hundreds of swimming portabello mushrooms just is not my idea of a good time (plus it would require a bathing suit in public and that's not my idea of a good time either).


After breakfast we go to Disney Trivia.  I should totally have this in the bag!  I mean, really, I am a huge Disney fanatic.  There are 5 teams playing.  I don't know how it happened, but another team beat us....  Ok, so I didn't know the dog in Pocahontas was named Percy or the name of the singer that did the voice for Mulan.  I am super competitive, so that loss was a huge blow.  Oh well... I will have more trivia opportunities this week and I will win one :)


After Trivia, we do the Midship Detective Agency.  Disney hit the mark with this one!  We did the Case of the Missing Puppies and we had the best time find clues and puppies in the enchanted artwork (plus running all over the massive ship was bound to work off some of those Palo calories, right?)  This is really an amazing game and the kids had a blast!


Since the majority of the ship was off hanging with the stingrays, we decided it is the perfect time to hit the Aquaduck.  We put on our bathing suits (ok, I put mine on, but kept my cover up on the whole time) and headed up to the pool deck.  Just for giggles, we decided to get Garrett measured again and we got sprinkled with a bit of pixie dust and the guy let him slide (thank goodness for that crazy bedhead that let him barely scrape by)!  Woohoo!  He gets his coveted red bracelet and we vow not to remove it the entire week.  It was awesome.  He loved it!


That evening we had dinner at Royal Court.  That is a really cool and elegant place!  The food and service was impeccable as usual.




We headed back early and went to bed, after all, we have an early morning tomorrow in Costa Maya!  We are so excited about it since we have an excursion to the Mayan ruins.  


Highlights:


Aquaduck
Midship Detective Agency

No comments:

Post a Comment