Monday, July 2, 2012

Take a Ride on the Fantastic Voyage - Day 2

There were a couple of things that I forgot to mention in the Day 1 post... (I would say it was a Senior moment, but we all know if I said that I would mean Senior in college, right???):
- We were Silver Castaway Club members at the time of this cruise (I'm now Gold, thankyouverymuch).  In the cabin was our Castaway gift.  It was a really nice backpack.  I mean a real back pack, not one of those cheapy drawstring things, but a really good backpack.  Caroline has already claimed it for school this fall.  It had snacks and a nice key chain in it too.
- Caroline and Garrett where on the veranda and met Sarah, a nine year old little girl from PA.  They became fast friends!  She actually vacations in SC every summer... how cool is that?!?!?!


OK, on to Day 2


Chuck has been doing P90X and is really into working out.  So, he gets up at 6am to go work out in the gym.  The kids and I are sleeping...  I will say that between the fact that this man is getting really buff and tans like crazy, it makes me feel like I should get off my duff and do something about my pastey white Irish skin and hit the gym, almost...

The kids and I get up and get ready for breakfast.  We wait for Chuck, who gets in about 8ish.  He isn't very hungry, so the kids and I head to breakfast at Enchanted Garden.  For breakfast, they serve a really great buffet (although they don't serve grits... and Cream of Wheat is NOT a substitute).  The kids and I eat and Chuck meets us down there just before we're done.  We head to the DVC Member Celebration at 9am.  We always go because they always give away free hats and other random things... and they serve Mimosas!  I wish we had a pile of money to add on points, but the kids need to have a college fund, so we'll be thankful for the points we have for now.  (Sometimes being a responsible adult is hard)

After the DVC thing, we watched the Jack Jack Diaper Dash.  This is HYSTERICAL!  They take babies and race them in heats.  The parents are allowed to coax them in anyway possible to get them across the finish line.  There was this one baby who's mom stood in front of him with food and he booked it across the finish line.  Seriously, it was worth the 30 mins to stand and watch!

We went to O'Gills Pub to do the Family Craft - Beach Balls.  Caroline really wanted to do it, so we went.  We head into O'Gills and they hand us a deflated beach ball and some Crayola Markers. We blow up the beach balls.  They were really small (about the size of a melon).  The marker didn't adhere to ball worth a hoot.  In my opinion, that was a bust, but the kids seemed to enjoy it.

We go back to the cabin to put our really messy beach balls up and get dressed for the pool.  (Yes, those who know me know I don't put on a bathing suit if I can help it.  I mean, pastey white and a bathing suit are kinda an oxymoron.)  Yes, I put on my bathing suit.  We head to the pool.  There are only two things about this ship that I think have room for improvement.  One is the size of the pools.  I really think it would be nice if they were larger, but seeing as how they didn't ask me when they designed it, they are on the smaller side.  My kids are fish.  They love to swim and Garrett love, love, loves the Mickey Slide.  Caroline loves the Aquaduck!  Garrett is about a hair too short. :(

After the pool, we get back and get dressed for the 3pm Aladdin show.  It is new to Disney Cruise Line, and I was very excited to see it!  It doesn't disappoint.  It was one of my most favorite shows... and that's saying a lot.  It was really outstanding.  Genie, of course, stole the show.  FAB-U-LOUS!

After the show, we head back to the cabin.  We have Palo for dinner and the kids really want to eat in the dining room.  So, we get dressed (it's formal night) and head down to Enchanted Garden so the kiddos can eat in the dining room.  It's French Cuisine night and even though we are eating at Palo, I order the escargot because I love escargot.  I even get Caroline to try one.  She likes it until I tell her she just ate a snail.  Haha!  The joys of being able to gross your kids out is priceless!  About 6:15, I head to Palo since we have 6:30 reservations. Chuck gets the kids and takes them to the kids club and meets me in Meridian Lounge where I have already made friends with the server (and had 2 Pomegranate Passions which are Pomegranate Passion Liqueur, Passion Fruit Sorbet and Taittinger Champagne... Three words - Yum, Yum and Yum).

Chuck gets there and we are seating immediately.  Our server is Carmine from the Amalfi Coast of Italy.  Chuck and I went to the Amalfi Coast during our Med Cruise and fell in love with it!  Dinner at Palo never disappoints.  It is always amazing and well worth the $25 per person upcharge.  The chocolate souffle alone is worth the $25 upcharge.  I go weak in the knees just thinking about that souffle.  

After dinner, we go to La Piazza for another drink before heading back to get the kids from the kids club.  It was just us and two ladies at the bar.  Chuck is back and forth in O'Gills since the South Carolina Gamecocks are in the college world series, and he needs to check the score.

After drinks, we get the kiddos and head to bed :)

Recap:

Love the Aquaduck and the Mickey Slide
Love Aladdin
Love Palo
Love the Pomegranate Passion

Pools are smaller than I'd like

1 comment:

  1. Loving your report! Bring the kids and come with Antonio and I on the Magic for spring break!

    ReplyDelete