Thursday, December 15, 2011

Hustle and Bustle

I love the holidays.  I love Christmas and the joy on people's faces when you find them the perfect gift.  The only downside to the holiday is trying to cram everyone and everything in.  There's buying gifts, wrapping gifts, putting up the tree, decorating the house, parties, Christmas cards, and so much more.

I had finished buying and wrapping all the gifts and sending the Christmas cards, so I felt like I was ahead of the game.  I have made 2 batches of brownie, 48 cupcakes, 3 dozen cookies and a blackberry cobbler... and that was just this week.  My husband calls me just a few minutes ago to say that the reminder email was just sent out for another office holiday potluck tomorrow, so go ahead and count that as 2 blackberry cobblers this week.

For me, the season is not about cookies and cobblers... it's about family and friendships and a celebration of God's promise with the birth of His Son.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing it, but I am ready to get to the faces of joy and wonder and the time spent with friends and family.

These faces:


And these faces:
Yep... Bring it on!  I am ready for some rotten, sugar-coma, full bellied children....

No comments:

Post a Comment