Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year... 2011 In Review (or is that, in the Rearview?)

Happy New Year! Like just about everyone, 2011 brought ups and downs, highs and lows, but in all honesty, most of those lows brought about the changes that created most of the highs. So, here it is, the year in review... And my goals for 2013.

January
- started the year off by completing the Disney Goofy Challenge (which is truly Goofy in that you complete the Disney Half Marathon on Saturday and the Disney Marathon on Sunday for a total of 39.3 miles).
Lessons learned: I can do anything I put my mind to, good friends will help you through just about anything with encouragement and quotes from The Hangover, and if Willy can do a Marathon with his new hip, then I can do it because I have all my original parts.
- sailed on the second sailing of the Disney Dream
Lessons learned: how to properly mix a drink ala Fred, the Dream is an amazing ship, and Stephanie and Kimberley are great people.

February
- ran the third Princess Half Marathon aka Annual Moms Gone Wild Weekend
Lessons learned: Sparkle skirts make my rump look big, chocolate cake comes in liquid form, and sometimes I have to be the responsible one that reminds my friends that lewd pictures with the EPCOT ball might be funny now, but might not be a good idea.

April
- 7 Day sailing on the Disney Magic (and 10 year anniversary)
Lessons learned: after 10 years, my husband still adores me and I still adore him

July
- I was betrayed by a "friend"
Lessons learned: sometimes people aren't you think they are, and you can be blamed and suffer from the sins of others by association.
- I started Custom Travel Professionals, LLC
Lessons learned: Sometimes it takes adversity to lead you to do something you should have done a long time before.

August
- My 4 year old started preschool
Lessons learned: he's growing up too fast, and he can catch up with his peers in a few short months.

November
- took my children to their first Clemson game
Lessons learned: they love the thrill of Tiger football as much as their mother, and my "friendless", "anti-social" friend is one of my favorite people.

December
- I completed inputing all the transactions from the start of Custom Travel Professionals, LLC into the new accounting software
Lessons learned: Software will make your life easier
- Christmas
Lessons learned: magic lives

Resolutions for 2012:
- to grow my business by 10% (because slow and steady growth is better than explosive growth)
- to lead my team with kindness, fairness and love because that's someone I would want to work with
- to not look like the mom on the commercial when I play Just Dance with the kids. (I think I look like someone on a music video when in reality I look more like Elaine from Seinfeld)
- lose 10 lbs (I would really like to loose 15, but let's not get too carried away)
- to the mother that my daughter would want to be when she grows up

1 comment:

  1. What a year it has been. I'm so very thankful that our lives crossed when they did. Sometimes really good things come out of really bad things. Love you bunches! Thanks for all that you do!

    ReplyDelete